Facts about France Parks
Here are 6 National Parks to include in your France Vacations:
- Cévennes national park (Languedoc)
- Les Ecrins (Provence – Alps)
- Le Mercantour (Provence)
- Les Pyrénées (Hautes Pyrénées)
- La Vanoise (Provence)
- Port-Cros (Var, Provence)
- Best Skiing Vacations in France
- Régional des Volcans d’Auvergne (the Auvergne volcanoes)
- Le Parc régional naturel des Grands Causses (Aveyron – Lozère)
- Parc Naturel Regional du Morvan – Monts du Morvan (Burgundy)
- Parc Naturel des Ballons des Vosges (Lorraine – Alsace)
Include Unesco World Heritage Sites in Your France Vacations
- Abbey Church of Saint-Savin sur Gartempe in Poitou, France
- Amiens Cathedral in Amiens, France
- Arles, ancient Roman and Romanesque Monuments
- Belfries of Belgium and France
- Bourges Cathedral
- Canal du Midi
- Cathedral of Notre-Dame, Former Abbey of Saint-Remi and Palace of Tau, in Reims, France in the Champagne region
- Chartres Cathedral in Chartres, France
- Cistercian Abbey of Fontenay
- Fortifications of Vauban
- The Great Saltworks of Salins-les-Bains, the Royal Saltworks of Arc-et-Senans, and the production of open-pan salt
- Gulf of Porto: Calanche of Piana also know as Gulf of Girolata, Scandola Reserve – Corisca, France
- Historic Centre of Avignon: Papal Palace, Episcopal Ensemble and Avignon Bridge
- Historic Fortified City of Carcassonne is a stunning and romantic place to include in your France vacations
- Historic Site of Lyons
- Jurisdiction of Saint-Emilion in Bordeaux wine region
- Le Havre, the City Rebuilt by Auguste Perret
- Mont-Saint-Michel and its Bay
- Palace and Park of Fontainebleau
- Palace and Park of Versailles
- Paris, the banks of the Seine River are some of the most desireable tourist attractions in France
- Place Stanislas, Place de la Carrière and Place d’Alliance in Nancy
- Pont du Gard (Roman Aqueduct)
- Prehistoric Sites and Decorated Caves of the Vézère Valley
- Provins, Town of Medieval Fairs
- Pyrénées – Breathtaking Mont Perdu
- Roman Theatre and its Surroundings and the “Triumphal Arch” of Orange
- Routes of Santiago de Compostela in France
- Strasbourg, France – Grande île
- The Loire Valley between Sully-sur-Loire and Chalonnes
- Vézelay, Church and Hill in Burgundy
The Monte Carlo Casino, Monaco is one of the most famous places to visit in France
Climate and Weather Forecast Facts about France
France is influenced by four climate types:
Temperate maritime climate in the west, mid latitude continental climate on the interior, mountain climate on high elevations and Mediterranean climate in the south. Depending on what areas you visit, you can expect to experience a variety of weather forecast France.
The northern part of France, including Île-de-France and Paris, has a temperate climate with warm summers, cold winters and rainfall throughout the year.
The Jura Mountains and the French Alps experience alpine climate and the weather of the French Alps is variable so be prepared to come prepared for a variety of weather forecast France on your mountain vacations.
The western coast, from the Loire to the Pyrenees, is milder and the summer days can get very hot.
Other facts about France in Southern France is that areas such as the French Riviera, Provence and Roussillon, has a warm Mediterranean climate with mild, humid winters and hot, dry summers.
In the weather forecast France, you can expect to hear about the mistral, a strong, cold and usually dry regional wind coming from the north, accelerates as it heads south down the Rhone valley, Provence and to the Cote d’Azur.
The mistral is another of the important facts about France. These winds generally occurring during the winter and spring plays an important part in the climate of Provence and often causes sudden storms in the Mediterranean between Corsica and the Balearic Islands.
Monument aux Morts, a French Memorial in Nice, France
Facts About France and Guide to Regions and Departments
France has 26 regions, which are subdivided into 100 départements. The departments are numbered mainly in alphabetical order and this number is used in postal codes and vehicle number plates.
Regional Map of France
Facts About France Regions:
France has 26 Regions 100 Départements of diverse cultural areas to choose from for your holidays. Here is a list to help you with planning your France vacations (this table does not include overseas):
Le Nord (Nord-Pas-de-Calais)
Haute-Normandie (Upper Normandy)
Basse-Normandie (Lower Normandy)
Pays de la Loire (Loire Valley)
Centre (Massif Central)
Franche-Comte in Eastern France
Territoire de Belfort
(Rhone Valley and French
South of France
and Cote d’Azur)
Follow Me on Pinterest
Enjoy a photo on this page? Hover over the pic and Pin It!