Great Places to Stay in Paris
Hotels in Paris France and Paris apartment rentals offer visitors the romantic experience they dream about.
There are many wonderful neighbourhoods to consider for your hotels in Paris France and Paris apartment rentals, close to magnificent Paris architecture, grand boulevards or quaint cobblestone streets and passageways.
If you really love Paris, you may want to consider fractional ownership of a Paris apartment, located in some of the most charming and trendiest parts of the City of Lights.
The Beautiful Hotel de Sully in Place des Vosges in Le Marais
Top 7 Places to Stay for Your Paris Vacations
To help you decide on selecting hotels in Paris France and the best places for you to stay, here is an overview of my favourite neighbourhoods of Paris close to famous tourist attractions.
While there are many lovely neighbourhoods, these are my Top Picks for hotels in Paris France which are located in various Districts (Arrondissements).
1. Le Marais Hotels and Paris Apartment Rentals
Le Marais is shared by the 3rd arrondissement and 4th arrondissement of Paris and home to many hotels in Paris France, historic museums and buildings including the National Archives, Place des Vosges, including the home of Victor Hugo, Musée Picasso, Musée Cognacq-Jay, Carnavalet Museum and the beautiful Hôtel de Sully. (Form more details see Paris Tourist Attractions in the 3rd Arrondissement and Tourist Attractions in Paris 4th Arrondissement).
- Trendy neighbourhood in the 4th Arrondissement with artisan boutique shops
- The famous square Place des Vosges, Hotel Sully and other beautiful residences, art galleries and romantic restaurants
- This district is like a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle of big city noise and traffic and back in time into history
Spectacular Arcade with Vaulted Ceilings add to the Romantic Ambience of Paris Apartment Rentals in Place des Vosges
Grand Entrance to Maison de Victor Hugo in the Place des Vosges – Le Marais
Place des Vosges offers Great Shopping, Art Galleries, Restaurants, a Famous Park in the Square, Romantic Hotels in Paris France Paris Apartment Rentals
Grand Entrances and Stunning Architecture in Le Marais and Place des Vosges
- Great department stores and shopping is on the nearby Rue de Rivoli
- The modern art Centre Pompidou is not far away
- The historical Notre Dame Cathedral is walking distance
2. Rue de Rivoli – Theatre District The Louvre
Rue de Rivoli is mainly in the 1st arrondissement but does become Rue Saint-Antoine in Le Marais.
Many famous Paris attractions, museums and hotels in Paris France are located in the 1st arrondissement and this district is a good central location.
Here you are walking distance to Palais Palais Garnier, the Louvre, the Paris Ritz Hotel, great shopping at Place Vendome, and great street side bistros which line rue de Rivoli under the gorgeous arcades. This is one of the first places I head to when I arrive in Paris.
- This is a great district on the right bank of the Seine and you can go down to the Seine and walk under the bridges
- You can easily cross one of the many stunning bridges and walk over to Musee d’Orsay on the Left Bank
If You Stay near the Seine Take a Romantic Walk Down to the River
Stay in a Paris Apartment Rental along the Seine and Plan a Picnic Down by the River
While You are having a Picnic on the Seine You can watch the Party Boats go by – or Book Your Own Party
- Includes the west end of the Île de la Cité, the island in the Seine
- Place du Chatelet is in the Theatre district and close to more great shopping and restaurants
- Great views of and within walking distance to La Conciergerie and Notre Dame Cathedral
Take the Walkway up from the Seine to Le Conciergerie
- The Louvre and it’s Tuileries Garden are here in the 1st district
- There is a variety of hotels for all your needs depending on your budget
The Famous Hotel Regina has been featured in many Films and is conveniently located near the Louvre
There are several Wonderful Hotels on Rue Saint Roch Emeraude Hotel Louvre Montana on the left and Louvre Saint Romain also known as Le Pradey on the right
- If you want to be near the Louvre, check out hotels on Rue Saint Roch, such as Emeraude Hotel Louvre Montana, Louvre Saint Romain also known as Le Pradey, Hotel Saint Roch and several others
A Pleasant Room in the Hotel Saint Roch A Lovely Model Writing Postcards in the Window overlooking Rue Saint Roch
- Nearby, Cartier and the Paris Ritz Hotel are on rue de Castiglione
- I love rue Saint-Honoré with its haute couture boutiques, cozy street side cafes great for people-watching, local grocery stores, boulangeries and pâtisseries where you can pick up fresh sandwiches and mouth-watering pastries
The Hôtel Continental also known as The Westin Paris – Vendôme on the left heading north towards the Place Vendôme
Treat yourself and Stay at the Historic Paris Ritz Hotel in Place Vendôme
Lounge at one of the many Grand Paris Ritz Gardens and Bars
Gold Taps and Luxury Powder Room at the Paris Ritz Hotel
Visit one of the Historical and Elegant Bars in the Paris Ritz – One of the Famous Hotels in Paris France
- The Rue de Rivoli and 1st Arrondissemnt district is a great central location and walking distance to so many famous tourist attractions including the Louvre and Tuileries Garden
- There are several entrances to the Underground here in the 1st Arondissement making it easy to get around anywhere in Paris
The Louvre is centrally located in the Heart of Paris
3. Latin Quarter on the Left Bank
There are many romantic hotels in Paris France located in the 5th Arrondissement and Paris Apartment Rentals. (Click here for more Paris tourist information about the 5th district).
- Home to the Pantheon and the ancient ruins of Arena of Lutece
- Near the Sorbonne and other great Parisian universities and colleges
- Great shopping and restaurants and the prices are more reasonable to accommodate the students
- The streets around Fontaine Saint Michel have wonderful international restaurants and offer both romantic and party ambience
4. Avenue des Champs Elysées
Excitement is always in the air and there are so many Things to Do in Paris in the 8th Arrondissement. The hotels in Paris France 8th distrcit are close to romantic restaurants, fantastic shopping on the Avenue des Champs Elysées and haute couture on Avenue Montaigne including Louis Vuitton, Bulgari, Dior, Ralph Lauren, Fendi, Chanel, Valentino and others.
The beautiful Plaza Athénée hotel is also on Avenue Montaigne.
- This is the wide, beautiful and famous boulevard alive with excitement day and night
- Place de la Concorde is at one end and Arc de Triomphe at the other end
- Visit exhibitions at the nearby Grand Palais or the art museum at the Petit Palais
- This grand boulevard has parks, famous shopping stores and romantic street side restaurants and patios
- Climb to the top of the Arc de Triomphe to see the magnificent views of Paris
5. Trocadero Great View of the Eiffel Tower
Not only can you get great views of the Eiffel Tower but you can get fantastic views of the City of Lights from the Eiffel Tower. There are many Things to See in Paris in the 16th Arrondissement.
The 16th district is a great location for hotels in Paris France because you can easily walk along the Seine and get to your favourite spots on either side of the river by crossing the bridges along the way. The Louvre is walking distance by way of the Seine as well as Musee d’Orsay.
- This square in the center of a round-about offers a perfect view of the Eiffel Tower and Palais de Chaillot which is a monument and a museum
- Charming restaurants surround the round-about and you can enjoy people watching along with great views of the Seine
Trocadero is at the Top Center of this Photo Great Views of the Eiffel Tower the Seine with Easy access to the Metro
- Have a picnic in the huge park, Bois de Boulogne, (take a map and try not to gel lost like I did) or dine at the luxury restaurant La Grande Cascade – what a beautiful secluded spot
- Visit the Museum of Mankind, Maritime Museum, Palais de Tokyo (Museum of Modern Art of the City of Paris), Maison de Balzac and the Guimet Museum
- Walk over to the Eiffel Tower or catch the Boat River Cruise on the Seine
- Stay here to watch the fireworks on July 14th Bastille Day to avoid the unbelievably overcrowded Metro subway population starting at 7 pm. I had a great view from my hotel room (wine, food and washroom) for that event while the crowds below stood there for hours with their children – I don’t know how they do it and the Party wasn’t over until well after 1 in the morning!
6. Montmartre Place de Tertre
Place de Tertre is like a small secluded village a few streets away from Sacre Coeur in Montmartre and on top of the highest hill in Paris located in the 18th Arrondissement.
Famous painters such as Picasso have lived here and the L’Espace Salvador Dalí museum is still here with sculptures and drawings dedicated to Salvador Dali.
For romantic getaway hotels in Paris France, this may be a great spot for you to enjoy your Time in Paris in the unique setting of Montmartre.
- Climb to the top of the dome of the Sacré Coeur basilica
- The highest hill in Paris with fantastic views of the City of Lights
Montmartre has Spectacular Views of Paris and is a Charming Place to Stay
- If you are unable to walk up and down the stairs, take the funiculare, which brings you to the base of Sacré Coeur
- Visit Place de Tertre with winding cobblestone streets, lovely Paris restaurants and cafés
Wander around the winding Cobblestone Streets of Place de Tertre Visit the Museums, Boutique Shops and Rest Relax at a Charming Bistro
- Check out the art galleries and let the street artists paint your portrait
- The Moulin Rouge is nearby
Go shopping for one-of-a-kind fabric at the base of Montmartre; there are several wonderful fabric stores and I bought beautifully embroidered raw silk here.
7. Saint-Germain-des-Prés the Pont Neuf Bridge
The 6th arrondissement on the Left Bank offers many romantic hotels in Paris France including the famous grand Art Deco Hotel Lutetia which is close to the subway, next to great shopping at le Bon Marché and La Grande Épicerie de Paris.
There are many Places to Visit in Paris 6th district.
- Dine and relax at Les Deux Magots and Café de Flore where famous writers, such as Ernest Hemingway, Simone de Beauvoir and Jean-Paul Sartre, and other famous people including Pablo Picasso spent many hours socializing
- Enjoy a fantastic meal at the historic and prestigious Café Procope which is considered to be the oldest cafe in Paris and perhaps the in the world and has been visited by many famous people including Benjamin Franklin and Voltaire
- Stroll over to Palais du Luxembourg and the romantic Medici Fountain in Jardin du Luxembourg
- Visit the 11th century Benedictine abbey. Eglise Saint-Germain-des-Prés which is across the street from the Les Deux Magots and Café de Flore restaurants
Pont Neuf is in the Center of Paris and crosses the island of Île de la Cité.
This bridge also displays a Bronze Equestrian Statue of Henry IV.
It is always a treat walking across the Seine on one of the many impressive bridges, and Pont Neuf is one of my favourite. The bridge connects the 6th arrondissement to the 1st arrondissement.
Near the oldest bridge over the Seine in Paris, you can easily reach the Notre Dame Cathedral, the Conciergerie or cross over to the Right Bank to visit The Louvre.
I hope these ideas will help you with finding the district which best suits your travel plans and in selecting your hotels in Paris France.