Golfing, Ireland Castle Hotels and Spas
Ireland golf vacations are a perfect setting for relaxation and stress relief. That is why so many travelers set their sights on having their dream golf vacations in Ireland.
Ireland has some of the best golf courses the world has ever seen, whether they be links or parkland courses.
Built in 1228 Ashford Castle has Evolved into a Wonderful Romantic Castle Hotel
Blessed with beautiful landscape and magnificent scenic views, Ireland golf vacations are a definite must and will provide you with a wonderful time, whether you are a beginner or a seasoned golfer.
Another bonus of golf vacations in Ireland is that on most resorts, you can bring the whole family. You can include your family in your golfing vacation ideas.
This Medieval Castle has had a few Victorian Extensions to its Architecture
Regions Featured in Ireland Golf Vacations – Part One
- Northern Ireland
- West and North West Regions
- North East and South East Regions Midlands Dublin
Part Two – includes ideas on Ireland vacations and golf adventures in the South and Southwest regions of Ireland.
In this article, I have chosen to feature the famous Ireland Castle hotel, Ashford Castle and its beautiful grounds.
Opened in 1939 as an Ireland Castle hotel, Ashford Castle has a reputation for genuine hospitality, excellent facilities and unpretentious service.
Ireland Golf Vacations at Ashford Castle
Enjoy succulent meals in the George V Dining Room and afternoon Tea Service in the Drawing Room on your Ireland Golf Vacations.
Escape for a Romantic Holiday to Stunning Ashford Castle
For outdoor activities, engage yourself at Golf Stableford for a round of golf, or consider a guided historical walking tour of the grounds and gardens, and a Treasure Hunt on the grounds.
The Main Gate and Entrance to Ashford Castle
Ashford Castle offers many Guest Packages and here are a few Vacation Ideas:
- Christmas at Ashford Castle
- New Years at Ashford
- Valentines at Ashford
- Easter at Ashford
- Summer Dinner Bed Breakfast
- Summer Gourmet Package
- Summer Family Packages
Experience Antiquity and Marvel at the Medieval Architecture of Ashford Castle
- Ashford Family Falconry
- Chefs Artisan Experience
- Food Specialty Weeks
- The Winemaker Dinner Series
- West Coast Golfing
- The Ultimate Experience
- Lady Ardilaun Tour
- The Quiet Man Tour
Ashford Castle is on the River Cong and Luxury Fly Fishing Destination in Ireland
Ireland Golf Vacations Highlights of Ashford Castle
Chefs Artisan Experience
There are a number of specialty food events for beginners and epicureans including visits to Connemara to sample local fare.
Enjoy the explanations of epicurean delights during the visit with the suppliers, along with full Irish breakfasts at the castle, lunches with suppliers and a special Artisan dinner back at the castle.
Food Specialty Weeks Include:
The End of Season Game Week featuring a 5 course menu at the end of game season (around January 26th to February 1st).
That’s Me Enjoying Galway Oysters at Ashford Castle
The Edwardian Dinner a traditional meal in the style of the day, commemorating the visit of the Prince of Wales, and also transporting the guests back into the time of the Guinness era (around February 23rd to March 1st).
The Luxury Food Wine Week the freshest seasonal produce and the finest wine are served on the specially designed menu for the guests (usually around the 3rd week of April).
The Winemaker Dinner Series – Wineries which have graced the Connaught room at Ashford Castle include the noble vintners of Ladoucette, Chateau Margaux, Chateau Teyssier, Duckhorn Vineyards Napa Valley, Domaine Louis Latour, Chateau Vignelaure, Domaine Dujac, Stags Leap Wine Cellars Napa Valley, Domaine Comte Lafon and many more.
Plan to attend one of these exquisite dinner and wine experiences.
Ashford Family Falconry
The special one hour falconry lesson is suitable for all ages and is specifically structured with children in mind to instill an appreciation of the natural world.
Ashford Castle has Activities for the Whole Family Including Falconry
After viewing all the Birds of Prey at the Ashford Falconry school, the group sets off to the surrounding woods and gardens where they will be flying their hawk off to the trees and watch in wonder as the hawks return to their gloved fist.
This is an opportunity of a lifetime.
West Coast Golfing
Not only can you enjoy golfing at Ashford Castle, but you can also enjoy golfing at other famous courses nearby.
Golf Packages at Ashford Castle Include Trips to a Variety of World Class Golf Courses
While staying at castle, you have the benefit of planning a number of day trips for many activities including golfing at Connemara Championship Links, Carne Golf Links, Enniscrone Golf Club and Rosses Point Sligo.
The Ultimate Experience
Indulge yourself in a helicopter ride over Ashford and the west of Ireland, or pamper yourself in the Royal Treatment in the tranquil Health and Beauty Rooms with the sound of the lapping waters of Lough Corrib.
The Lady Ardilaun Tour
The M.V. Lady Ardilaun is an all-weather 100 passenger ferry which offers guests of Ashford Castle an opportunity to enjoy a tour of Lough Corrib, the cleanest, most scenic and best fishing lake in the Republic of Ireland.
Garden and Fountain View of Ashford Castle on the Shore of Lough Corrib
The lake Lough Corrib is known for its wiled brown trout and salmon and some of the best fishing in Ireland can be found here at Ashford Castle during the Mayfly hatch in May and June.
Cruise on Lough Corrib with the M.V. Lady Ardilaun at Ashford Castle
The spring runs of Salmon sometimes enter the adjacent River Cong as early as February, while salmon fishing reaches its peak in June or early July.
For horse lovers, the castle also features a large indoor school and outdoor jumps both natural and manmade.
Rides are mainly of one hour duration and take you over the beautiful wooded countryside between the shores of Lough Corrib and Lough Mask and into the mountains of Connemara to the West.
Stroll in the Gardens at Ashford Castle or Take the Family Horseback-Riding
After a full day of activities, retreat back to the castle to relax in front of the fires.
More Ireland Golf Vacations
Golf Vacations in Northern Ireland at the Royal County Down Golf Club
The Royal County Down Golf Club is one of the most spectacular and astounding mature golf clubs, full of history and tradition and filled with exhilarating golfing and astounding views.
At the Royal County Down Golf Club you will find its two championship links and alongside, the Annesley Links.
While the championship links are designed to be a greater challenge, the Annesley links are for everyone, both pros and amateurs. Both are located alongside the Dundrum Bay and backdrop of huge mountains.
In 2005, the Royal County Down Golf Club was ranked as number 4 in the 100 best golf courses outside of the US by the Golf Digest.
Enjoy the Beautiful Scenery of Royal County Down Golf Club on Your Ireland Golf Vacations
Features of Royal County Down Golf Club:
- Soaring sand dunes, profuse heather, and majestic scenes of the Mourne Mountains on each side and the Atlantic Ocean on the other.
- A number of holes feature blind shots, unbelievable bunkering, and fantastic gently sloping greens.
- World class quality service that greatly adheres to the warm Irish welcome that greets every tourist as they enter the country.
- Well trained staff who are very much willing to extend a helping hand.
- Convenient change room in the visitors accommodation area, making it easily accessible to change and freshen up after a long day at the greens.
- A wonderful restaurant with fine Irish fare and the catch of the season.
- You can get some drinks while you discuss with your friends and fellow players the game you have just played.
- A Pro shop completely stocked with a wide range of clothing and golf merchandise to serve you and cater to your every need.
- A club pro that is on hand to provide lessons to enhance your game.
- One of Ireland’s greatest places to entice a golfer who is keen to experience fantastic Ireland golf vacations.
- Set in the amazing Newcastle by “the Mountains of Mourne which sweep down by the sea”.
Ireland Golf Vacations at Ballyliffin Golf Club
For those who have played at the Ballyliffin Golf Club, they have been blessed with having a chance to play at two great golf courses adjacent to each other; the old links or the Glashedy links with a fun yet unpredictable day of golfing with the best of the old and new provided to its members and visitors.
The Sandy Shores of the Atlantic Ocean at Ballyliffin
Both the old links and the Glashedy links straddle the shores of the Atlantic Ocean and provide a challenging game.
With the success Ballyliffin Golf Club has experienced, you can be sure that a golfing trip to this eventful course would be well worth the long trip from across the globe.
Ireland Golf Vacations at Connemara Golf Links
Surrounded by breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean, stunning Irish mountains and mesmerizing rainbows, this outstanding par 72 links golf course provides an invigorating game and makes the golfer feel exhilarated and at one with nature.
As you play around the many twists and turns of the golf course, more wonders of nature will delight your senses, such as the Connemara ponies and swans.
For more sightseeing and fine dining, visit the Connemara Golf Links clubhouse and restaurant which offers a wide array of Irish dishes, as well as variety of dishes from around the world.
Features of Connemara Golf Links:
- Bordered by the Atlantic Ocean, breathtaking views that abound the entire 7,000 yard course.
- 27-hole Connemara championship golf links course.
- A great bar where you can unwind and share stories.
- The Connemara Golf Links pro shop offers rental clubs, caddie cars, motorized buggies, caddies to accompany you while you play, and other things that a golfer may need.
- World class locker rooms.
- Practice fairway and putting greens.
- Many accommodations are set up near the Connemara Golf Links to minimize the driving distance to get in a game.
Ireland Golf Vacations at County Sligo Golf Club
This mature golf course has been home to many prestigious events such as the West of Ireland Championship.
The club has also hosted the Irish Close Championship, the Interprovincial Championships, and the Home International Championships, gaining its status as a world class golf course.
Golfing in County Sligo is Spectacular
The County Sligo Golf Club golf course is embraced by natural beauty with the Atlantic Ocean on one side and Irish mountains on the other.
A wide variety of attractions and activities are available for the whole family in Sligo town.
Features of County Sligo Golf Club:
- The biggest birds of prey sanctuary in Ireland.
- Visit Woodville farm to see rare animal breeds.
- Take your family for a horse ride on the beaches, or a slow ride through scenic views of this side of Ireland
- Savour a true Irish meal at a number of restaurants in Sligo just waiting to serve you their finest cuisine.
- Located 8 kilometers northwest of the town of Sligo.
Ireland Golf Vacations at Donegal Golf Club
The Donegal Golf Club, with its great design and world class amenities and facilities, has been the venue of prestigious championships such as the Irish ladies Close Championship and the Mens Irish Close Championship.
Plan a Day of Golfing while on Your Ireland Golf Vacations and then Spend Time at Donegal Bay
This expansive and wide open course is mostly made up of low dunes and the play is hard and fast, but you will want to stop for a while and just soak in the dramatic view of the Atlantic Ocean and stunning scenery of the Irish mountains.
This full 18-hole championship par 73 golf course is measured at 7280 yards and is a classic links.
Features of the Donegal Golf Club:
- Donegal Golf Club boasts as the best practice facilities in Northwest Ireland.
- Facilities include a driving net, a chipping green with bunkers, a putting green, a driving range with an automatic ball dispenser and a par 3 Junior course.
- Donegal Golf Club’s course Pro offers lessons for beginners and novices.
- Visitors lockers are available and shower facilities are first rate.
- Donegal Golf Club’s restaurant serves up a hearty meal of sumptuous Irish cuisine.
- Meet some of the locals at the bar for some drinks.
- If you are looking for family friendly golf vacations in Ireland, Donegal Golf Club is a great place for the whole family.
- Located on the Murvagh Peninsula.
Rest and Relax on Donegal Beach – A Perfect Plan for Your Ireland Golf Vacations
Ireland Golf Vacations at Druids Glen
One of the most beautiful golf courses and resorts and one of the top resorts in the world.
Named the European Golf Course and Resort of the Year in 2005 by the International Association of Golf Tour Operators.
With two golf courses, Druids Glen and Druids Heath, the sister course, this is a treat for the serious golfer or simply for anyone looking for an adventure in Ireland golf vacations.
Features of Druids Glen:
- Druids Glen has hosted the Irish PGA Championship.
- Conference and corporate meeting facilities.
- A convenient location for a beautiful, historic, relaxing, and exciting start to your Irish golf vacation.
- Five-star accommodations.
- Just 30 minutes from Dublin.
Ireland Golf Vacations at Enniscrone Golf Club
Enniscrone Golf Club is surrounded with serenity and calm, breathtaking scenery with a backdrop of mountains, trees, and rolling hills and is known to golfers from all over the world as a picture of life.
The golf course is definitely one of the best in the world with rugged dunes, clear skies, and one of the most beautiful beaches in Ireland overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and the backdrop of the Nephin and Ox Mountains.
Enniscrone Golf Club has two golf courses, making it one of the largest courses in Ireland:
The Dunes, Enniscrones flagship Championship course with 73 pars, with a total of 6,949 blue yards, 6,814 white yards, and 6,372 green yards.
The Scurmore course with 72 pars, 6,734 blue yards, 6,240 white yards, and 4,680 green yards.
Features of Enniscrone Golf Club:
- One of the premier golf destinations in Europe and one of the best golf courses in Ireland.
- Mixes golf courses with nature.
- Relax in the luxurious club house while eating fine cuisine and watching the relaxing scenery.
- From Dublin, it will take about 3 hours and 15 minutes of travel.
- Take the main Dublin-Sligo Road and turn off at Collooney just before Sligo.
- From here it will take you about 40 minutes to get to Enniscrone after passing through the towns of Ballisodare and Dromore West before you make a right turn for Enniscrone.
Golfing, Beaches, Cliffs and Castles, Ireland has it All
Ireland Golf Vacations at Mount Juliet Golf Estate and Spa
This tranquil estate and luxury hotel is the perfect getaway from a fast paced lifestyle where you can unwind on the 1,500 acres of lush greens and stunning landscapes.
The championship 18-hole golf course was designed by the legendary Jack Nicklaus himself.
Major golfing names like Tiger Woods, Ernie Els and Thomas Bjorn have played there.
Features of Mount Juliet Estate and Spa:
- For a calming experience or some adventure, roam the estate on the back of a horse, with 1,500 acres of lush greeneries and scenes to explore.
- There are many activities that the whole family can truly enjoy.
- Mount Juliet provides the highest international standard in service and fine dining served in a warm, welcoming and relaxed way.
Ireland Golf Vacations at Portmarnock Golf Club
One of Ireland’s classic golf clubs, the Portmarnock Golf Club ranked number 30 in 2005 by the famous Golf Digest in its annual top 100 courses outside the US.
The 27 hole championship course is not only beautiful, but extremely challenging and the seaside breeze provides a cool refresher.
This course will test your skills and define you as a golfer. Enjoy the stunning views from Ireland’s Eye and Lambay Island and the peace and pensive ambience of the well manicured greens and the tended landscape.
Features of Portmarnock Golf Club:
- Practice facilities which include a putting and chipping green adjacent to the clubhouse.
- A well-stocked pro shop with a wide range of top quality golf equipment like clubs, balls and tees.
- Rent pull carts and caddies who would be able to assist you as you play.
- Variety of amenities and facilities including excellent shower facilities, sumptuous restaurant, bar and fine dining featuring authentic Irish fare.
- Provides high international standard service to its members and guests.
- 12 miles from the center of the city with the Howth peninsula coastline on one side.
Views Around the Wicklow Mountains South of Dublin
Ireland Golf Vacations at Rosapenna Golf Links
Rosapenna Golf Links has what many golf courses dream of, beauty, great playability and near perfection.
Many would say it was designed by the heavens.
This “mature” golf course has been the discovery and the design of one of Ireland’s most famous golf architect, Old Tom Collins.
This century old course, laid out in 1891, was flocked by great numbers to enjoy its serene beauty and its natural landscape that was perfect for a challenging links course.
A century has passed and the old links still remain intact, and it is a great honour to the three masters that have superbly provided the designs.
Features of Rosapenna Golf Links:
- This 7,255 yards course was designed with championship tournaments in mind.
- Most of the holes in this course feature elevated greens and tees, with drives that go into the natural bowls on the dune floor.
- This course has been awarded by Links magazine USA as one of the top ten courses that must be played in Ireland.
- The newly opened golf pavilion offers a very modern changing room and a splendid restaurant serving the best Ireland cuisine.
- There is also a lounge area, a billiards room, a conference room and a pro shop where a golfer can get everything they need.
- State of the art practice facilities which include a wide turf teeing area, 2 putting greens, practice sand bunker and green, 6 covered bays and more.
- Club pro also offers lessons on a variety of aspects of the game.
Views of Congo Village Near Ashford Castle
Visit the Charming Pubs of Congo Village During Your Stay at Ashford Castle and Your Ireland Golf Vacations
Enjoy a photo on this page? Hover over the pic and Pin It!
If you like this page – please click the Like button above.