Golfing, Ireland Castle Hotels and Spas
In your Ireland vacations include a trip to the golf courses that have been the venue of international professional tournaments with its championship courses and splendid castle hotel accommodations.
The warm Irish welcome alone will make you feel right at home.
What is great about many of your golfing Ireland vacations is that you can include your family in your golfing vacation ideas.
Luscious Greens at Adare Manor Hotel Golf Resort
Regions Featured in Ireland Vacations and Golfing
Part One – includes ideas on Ireland golf vacations in Northern Ireland, West and Northwest regions of Ireland, and North East and South East Regions – Midlands Dublin.
Part Two – features the South and Southwest regions of Ireland.
Ireland is blessed with Ireland castle hotels and wonderful resorts on its golf courses, which provide excellent accommodations and numerous activities for every member of the family to enjoy on their Ireland vacations.
Ireland Vacations and Golfing at Adare Manor Hotel Golf Resort
The luxurious five star Adare Manor Hotel Golf Resort may be considered as one of the top European golf vacations resort.
There is something for all travelers to enjoy, whether you are a golfer or non-golfer and simply want to escape and retreat here.
The Adare Manor Hotel Golf Resort offers luxury, sophistication and comfort along with a great round of golf each day, truly a great vacation idea for the whole family.
Here you can enjoy sightseeing, shopping, fishing, world class suites and dining facilities that will make your stay here most memorable and pleasant.
You will be treated like royalty.
Visit the Beautiful Adare Manor Hotel Golf Resort on Your Ireland Vacations
Features of Adare Manor Hotel Golf Resort:
- Deluxe castle-hotel with wood and stone hallways, and the high ceilings.
- Suites with rich wood furniture and elegant decorations, five-star amenities which includes an elegant marble bathroom, cable TV, direct dial telephones, and 24-hour room service . An 840 acre property.
- Adare manor Spa.
- Adare Manor Equestrian Center.
- Cross-country trail.
- A number of fine dining restaurants and bars.
- 18-hole championship golf course.
- The 7,125 yards Adare golf course was designed by celebrated golf enthusiast and designer Robert Trent Jones Sr., one of his finest designs and creations.
- Superb landscape with glorious mature trees, Irish flora and a number of aquatic features like a 14 acre manmade lake with nine holes alongside its shores.
- Forty minute drive from Shannon International Airport.
Ireland Vacations and Golfing at Ballybunion Golf Club The Old Course
When it comes to the ideal golf vacations in Ireland, consider the Ballybunion Golf Club, particularly its old course.
World renowned golfers such as Jack Nicklaus, Nick Faldo, Tiger Woods and Tom Watson have registered in its log book with great reviews and comments of this mesmerizing Irish golf vacation spot.
The golf links can be very challenging as the winds are constant factors but the land is surrounded by the captivating view of the Atlantic.
Ballybunion Golf Club has been a century old choice for the pros.
Features of Ballybunion Golf Club:
- Majestic and amazing rolling dunes and the mesmerizing backdrop set by the Atlantic Ocean.
- Newly built clubhouse that has a dining room that can seat 120 persons, two bars and some very relaxing lounge areas.
- Pro Golf Shop that carries every golfing needs that you may have.
- Putting Greens.
- Sand Bunker Practice facility.
- Driving Range.
- Chipping Green.
- Ballybunion Golf Club is located at Sandhill Road., Ballybunion, Country Kerry, Ireland.
Explore the Ballybunion Caves on Your Ireland Vacations
Ireland Vacations and Golfing at Ballybunion Golf Club – Cashen Course
During peak seasons, getting a booking in the old course of the Ballybunion Golf Club Old Course can be quite difficult.
The bookings are filled up months before the season and most of them are seasoned golfers looking forward to the difficult but very relaxing links
The other option is to book at the Ballybunion Golf Club Cashen course, its a new course, which some say is more challenging.
The Ballybunion Golf Club Cashen course is exceptionally unique with the greatest sand dunes found in golf courses worldwide and its design along the Atlantic Ocean offers a calming back drop.
With more than a century of experience in the industry, whether its the old or new, you can be sure that you will get one of the more satisfying golf vacation trips in Ireland that you’ll ever have.
Being one of the most sought after golfing Ireland vacations and the world, here are things to be aware of for members and guests:
- Spectacular but difficult long links with enormous sand dunes, which means you have to make the ball fly when you play to the number of greens.
- A private members only club like the old course and must always be accompanied by a member, but sometimes limited public access is allowed during weekdays.
- A handicap limit of 24 for males and 36 for females is observed.
- Visitors are expected to follow a dress code that would met the clubs high standards and should be neat, tidy and clean.
- Not be accepted in the club are outfits with slogans, sleeveless shirts with no collars, shorts that are not tailored, and untucked shirts, leisure or track suits.
- It may be a good idea to research the other golf resorts for similar restrictions before booking your golf vacations.
Ireland Vacations and Golfing at Ceann Sibeal Golf Club
Found on the western most part of Ireland on the Dingle Peninsula and blessed with natural beauty of rolling dune terrains and steep and sharp cliffs that juts to the ocean, the Ceann Sibeal Golf Club should be on your list.
Surrounded by some of Ireland’s tallest mountains which include the popular Mount Brandon, the Ceann Sibeal Golf Club offers a variety of challenges to many golfers.
This extremely wide and open course has a river that runs through it.
Take a Stroll on the Sandy Dunes of Dingle Beach
Features of Ceann Sibeal Golf Club:
- Par 72 traditional links.
- 6,696 yard course with a totally different experience.
- Magnificent landscape and scenery, the dingle probably offers the most serene and virginal scenery in all of Ireland.
- A mesmerizing view of the Blasket Islands of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Take your whole family with you to share a once in a lifetime experience as there are numerous sites and attractions. After a day of golf, you can go out and live out a wonderful Irish day.
Ireland Vacations and Golfing at Beaufort Golf Club
Located in Killarney and in a part of the Churchtown Estate, the Beaufort Golf Club is a parkland championship course surrounded by the beautiful McGillycuddy Reeks Mountains that provide spectacular scenery throughout the course.
Along the scenic views, the ruins of the Castle Core sit beside the 13th green. Entering the course, you will see two hundred year old trees lined up.
With exceptionally mild climate, playing in the Beaufort Golf Club will be very enjoyable.
The first nine holes can be found at the west side of the avenue while its back nine provides more eye candy as they are nearer to the highest mountains in Ireland on the south side.
Enjoy the Beauty of the McGillycuddy Reeks Mountains on Your Ireland Vacations
Features of Beaufort Golf Club:
- Measures 6,587 yards.
- Cozy clubhouse located near the main house of the club.
- Formal rose garden.
- Near Killarney and your family will be able to enjoy a golf vacation together.
- The rich culture and history of the town of Killarney together with many fine dining restaurants and countless entertaining points of interest can cater to all the needs of the whole family.
- Just 4 miles from Killarney, one of Ireland’s most vibrant towns.
Ireland Vacations and Golfing at Cork Golf Club
The estuary of the River Lee, Lough Mahon stretches on almost the entire course providing the scenic background and Cork’s limestone quarry affects the course and provides its crisp heath like playing surface.
Throughout the Cork Golf Club course you will see many mature trees and various patches of gorse growing, making the par 72 course look more natural.
The finely manicured greens carpeting the 6,731yard championship course can offer the same if not better game play as premier golf courses in Ireland or other parts of the world.
Cork Golf Club has been the recipient of the prestigious All Ireland Award for Clubhouse for its deluxe and top quality service.
The clubhouse is open seven days a week and offers excellent facilities and roomy and well-designed changing rooms.
Features of Cork Golf Club:
- Exquisite restaurant with a full bar and top notch dining facilities.
- Cork Golf Club also practice facilities with a perfectly maintained and manicured putting green and a practice ground for your swings.
- Pro shop with souvenir shirts, caps, bags that have the clubs logo on it, and any equipment you need to play your game.
- Club rentals, caddy and golf carts.
- Short classes are available with the Club pro for some pointers and tips to improve your game.
Ireland Vacations and Golfing at Dooks Golf Club
Ranked as one of the best golf courses in the world for degree of difficulty, best value and as one of Irelands best attractions, the Dooks Golf Club continues to draw visitors to its vast and rolling greens.
At the Dooks Golf Club, you will find flat and wide greens on some holes and highly elevated greens on the others with blind shots and trees that are contradictory to the flat and easily visible holes.
The 6500 yards course enjoys the beautiful vistas of Dingle bay with mountains bordering its three sides.
Features of Dooks Golf Club:
- One of the oldest golf links in Ireland.
- Amazing wildlife and features of its habitat lands with a vast number of flora.
- For lovers of bird watching, this is a nesting ground for many beautiful birds like the Skylark, Pennyroyal, the Whimbrel and many others.
- Modern state of the art amenities blended with traditional designs.
- Superb Irish and international meals in the clubhouse restaurant with a rustic and friendly ambience and atmosphere.
- Considered by many to be one of the best golf vacation spots in Ireland.
Ireland Vacations and Golfing at Doonbeg Golf Club
The Doonbeg Golf Club is a world class golf course combining luxury and links golf.
This jewel of a course is set high on the cliffs along the coast offers luxurious accommodations to cater to every golfer’s whims.
Tucked into one of Ireland’s coasts, the Doonbeg Golf Club has found a treasure in its property with stunningly beautiful landscape.
The Doonbeg Golf Club lodge is Ireland’s newest premier luxury destination not only for golfers, but for anyone wanting a luxurious vacation.
It will be easy to convince your family to join you in your dream golf vacations in Ireland as the Club provides a private residence for each guest or family.
Tour the Coast While Staying at the Luxury Doonbeg Golf Club
Features of Doonbeg Golf Club:
- The lodge offers a golf shop, fine dining, a pub, a spa and luxury suites.
- Every suite has its own fireplace designed living room and fully equipped kitchen which is designed to cater to every familys needs.
- Cottages to rent to for full isolation, serenity and a chance to escape.
- A 45 minute drive from Shannon.
Ireland Vacations and Golfing at Dromoland Castle Golf Country Club
One of the best golf courses in the world is the Dromoland Castle Golf and Country Club, set in an exotic location of beautiful natural landscape.
The lush rolling tree lines with the castle as a backdrop provide very relaxing scenery that is a pleasure playing in.
You will want to play golf over and over again. Relax at the Fig Tree Restaurant in the Club House of the Dromoland Castle Golf and Country Club.
Here the atmosphere is relaxed and has a smart-casual dress code.
Treat Yourself to a Luxury Golfing Vacation at Dromoland Castle
Features of Dromoland Castle Golf Country Club:
- For the gentlemen, the course distance is 6,824 yards with 72 pars, 72 SSS, and 126 slopes.
- For the ladies, the course distance is 5,242 yards with 72 pars, 72 SSS, and 124 slopes.
- The Club offers a place for beginners to learn how to play golf or improve your golfing skills with modern golf practice facilities, 9 driving range bays and a fully enclosed teaching bay.
- From beginners to seasoned golfers, Dromoland Castle Golf and Country Club offers the opportunity to learn more at every level.
- First-class accommodations, spas, tennis courts, fishing, shooting, and boating.
- One of the best courses in all of Europe, the Dromoland Castle Golf and Country Club is a place where golfing will truly be an enjoyable experience.
Ireland Vacations and Golfing at Fota Island Golf Club
If you want to play in a very relaxing environment where you can concentrate on your golf swing with professional-like skills and accuracy, plan a vacation at the Fota Island Golf Club.
Fota Island is a world renowned golf club that offers the one of the best golf courses in Europe and is a sister property of Mount Juliet, both of which are known to maintain the highest standards in golfing.
Fota Island Golf Club is a very traditional golf course and provides golfing enjoyment the whole year round.
Features of Fota Island Golf Club:
- Nestled in the heart of a 780 acre estate with woodlands and landscape that will make every golfer want to play every single day.
- A challenging par 71 championship course in the traditional mode.
- Has pot bunkers and undulating putting surfaces to meet the challenge of every golfer around the world.
- Hosts a number of tournaments which includes the Irish Club Professional Championship.
- Includes a hotel and residential developments in Fota Island to complement the golf course.
- The clubhouse is more like a first-class hotel which includes an informal bar and a restaurant that serves only the highest quality meals with the highest and freshest quality Irish produce.
- Locker rooms and a fully stocked pro shop with products in the highest professional standards.
- Located in Cork Harbour, which is only a few minutes drive from Cork City.
Ireland Vacations and Golfing at Old Head Golf Links
Have you ever dreamed of playing golf in an unusual setting and a place surrounded by beauty? Consider playing golf in Old Head Golf Links.
Be Mesmerized by the Beauty of Cliffs Atlantic Ocean Views at the Old Head Golf Links
This spectacular golf course continues to awe golfers from all over the world. Once you experience playing golf in the Old Head Golf Links, you will want to come back to this heavenly course for another Ireland vacation and play golf over and over again.
The sheer natural beauty of the Old Head makes it one of the few landmarks in Northern Europe which continues to attract people from everywhere to plan their Golf Ireland Vacations here.
The location of Old Head is unique, 220 acres of land protruding over 2 miles into the Atlantic Ocean with caves running under your feet as you play golf.
This piece of heaven is also the home of over half a million shrubs, plants, and bushes and wildlife habitat. Whale watching is another popular activity at the Old Head Golf Links and over 15 of the 23 known whale species can be seen here.
Cliff Hanger Golfing at Old Head Golf Links Way Out in the Atlantic Ocean
Features of Old Head Golf Links:
- Nine holes along the cliff tops and all of the eighteen holes provide stunning and relaxing views of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Playing on cliff edges.
- Experience a real Wow factor.
- Located 30 minutes from Cork International Airport.
- A thrill of a lifetime vacation.
Ireland Vacations and Golfing at Killarney (Killeen) Golf and Fishing Club
One of the most beautiful golf landscapes in the world with a natural lakeside to add to the beauty and also considered as the Nearest Golf Club to Heaven.
Has a magnificent backdrop of the MacGillycuddy Reeks, the highest mountain range in Ireland.
Golf has been played in Killarney since the 19th century and is considered as the jewel in the crown.
Tight tree lined fairways, and water features on nearly every hole provide an equal balance between beauty and challenge.
Lush Greens and Magnificent Mountain Views at the Ring of Kerry Golf Country Club
Features of Killarney Golf and Fishing Club:
- Killarney Golf and Fishing Club is known to be one of the oldest, internationally recognized, and well established golf clubs in Ireland.
- A place for beginners and advanced golfers alike to learn or improve their golfing skills.
- World renowned instructors to help their students achieve that perfect golf swing and perfect golf form.
- Luxurious accommodations that will rival the best hotels in the world.
- A clubhouse and restaurant that is known to serve first-class cuisines and let you fully relax after a long game of golf with your friends.
- Practice facilities where you can improve your swing, caddies, and a locker room facility to accommodate your needs.
- Located in the Southwest of Ireland, the Killarney.
Ireland Vacations and Golfing at Lahinch Golf Club
Ranked number 27 by Golf’s Digest in 2005 in the top 100 golf courses outside of the United States, the Lahinch Golf Club has continuously attracted golfers to have a great scenic experience as they play a round of golf.
This links course has panoramic views of the Liscannor Bay and the Atlantic Ocean making it a favorite golf vacation spot in Ireland.
Besides the fantastic the breath taking ambience which engulfs each player, whether a local or a tourist, you get also fantastic service and amenities that is truly world-class.
Soak in the Views of Liscannor Bay and the Atlantic Ocean at Lahinch Golf Club
Features of Lahinch Golf Club:
- This is a great family destination for Ireland vacations.
- The clubhouse has a restaurant that serves fantastic Irish dishes and other international cuisine, while the pub offers a taste of Lahinch history and a wild array of drinks.
- Hotels and other places of interests are only a few miles away from the Lahinch Golf Club.
- Have your game in the morning and spend time with your family in the surrounding attractions later in the day and evening.
- Explore the quaint little fishing villages and the many restaurants and museums.
- Approximately 2 miles from the stunning Cliffs of Moher.
Ireland Vacations and Golfing at Ring of Kerry Golf Country Club
The Ring of Kerry Golf Country Club is now recognized by the Irish PGA as one of 5 tournament venues in the calendar of the professional tournaments.
Surrounded by amazing views like the Kenmare Bay below it and the Caha Mountains and MacGillycuddy Reeks towering over it, the Ring of Kerry Golf Country Club has a course that offers an exhilarating experience.
Gorgeous Greens and Fantastic Views of Kenmare Bay at the Ring of Kerry Golf Country Club
Features of Ring of Kerry Golf Country Club:
- World class amenities and facilities like a newly redecorated all-inclusive clubhouse.
- Practice driving range, and a fully stocked pro house where you can find all your golfing needs and souvenir items.
Ireland Vacations and Golfing at Tralee Golf Club
Designed by the legendary Arnold Palmer, the Tralee Golf Club has the most ideal piece of land he had ever seen for a golf course and he stated that he designed the first nine holes and God did the back nine.
It is recommended that every golfer play the course twice, the first one for the game and the second one to enjoy the scenery.
Enjoy the Natural Beauty Surrounding the Tralee Golf Club
Features of Tralee Golf Club:
- The natural flora and landscape.
- Mesmerizing, one-of-a-kind course situated along the Atlantic Ocean.
- Enjoy your vacation spending time with your family and friends in the Tralee Golf Club Clubhouse.
- The restaurant provides a remarkable and amazing view of the golf course and its terrain.
- Meals consist of fresh seafood and steaks which are the local specialties.
- Lounge on the balcony for the same stunning view and have your meals there as well.
- World class amenities, roomy dressing rooms with locker facilities, relax in the steam room and rinse off in the specially designed shower areas.
- A putting green and a practice area to hone your skills.
Ireland Vacations and Golfing at Waterville Golf Club
A mystical retreat where one can express their passion for golf and play the game with pure enjoyment, and enjoy the beauty of nature which surrounds you in each and every hole.
Rated as one of Irelands longest links courses with a total of 7,311 yards of pure golf heaven.
The Waterville Golf Club is surrounded by hills sprinkled with cottages and the Atlantic Ocean and the Ballinskelligs Bay on its sides.
The link course is over a hundred years old, and in the top 5 golf courses in Ireland and also in the top 20 golf link courses in the world.
This course features a combination of native grasses, sand dune gores, sod faced bunkers, firm fairways, and fine putting surfaces.
Features of Waterville Golf Club:
- A golfers paradise showcasing a collection of impressive classic golf memorabilia and golf photographs and arts.
- A restaurant that offers great Irish dishes and fresh seafood for even the most discriminating visitor and a bar that offers the best pints in all of Kerry.
- The elegant Waterville Golf Club clubhouse filled with everything a golfer would ever need.
- A golf school nearby with golf pro’s that can teach you the basics and the different secrets to playing golf.
- The Waterville house is an 18th century 4-stars manor with excellent service and features.
- On a forty acre property beside the Atlantic, the Waterville house has 12 suite bedrooms, a steam room and sauna, health facilities with a gym and massage room, a billiard room and a golf practicing area.
- For those who want to go fishing for salmon and sea trout, there are private rivers and lakes to explore.
- Located in Ireland’s famous and amazingly beautiful Ring of Kerry.
Ireland Vacations and Golf Adventures
Golf vacations in Ireland are unique. Whether you need a golfing getaway, a romantic retreat or a vacation for the whole family, Ireland offers so many choices and all will be pleasing to your senses.
Views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Old Head Lighthouse
Enjoy a photo on this page? Hover over the pic and Pin It!
If you like this page – please click the Like button above.