Paris France & District of Ile-de-France
Paris vacations offer an endless amount of things to do.
Paris France is one of the most beautiful and great cities of the world which conjures visions of sophistication, drama and romance.
Every year, millions of visitors experience the magic of Paris vacations with both its grandeur and coziness.
Whether you are looking for a grand experience, an intimate romance or a budget trip to Paris France, you can find whatever suits your needs.
Eiffel Tower and Bateaux Parisiens – Seine River Cruise Boats
While the public transportation system is excellent for your Paris Vacations, Paris is the perfect city to explore on foot, walk up and down narrow cobblestone passages and wide boulevards, meander through the streets or with the popular Paris Segway Tours to discover unexpected pleasures.
Although the city is massive, it is easy to get around the compact city center and all areas of Paris either on foot or with the highly efficient Paris Metro public transportation system.
Take a Paris map with you and you won’t get lost.
The Paris Opera – Opera Garnier
You need time, patience and good pair of walking shoes or sandals to discover the many secluded walkways and treasures on your Paris vacations.
If you wander far from your hotel, you can easily take the Paris Metro back.
Paris Map and Its Districts
Paris is divided into 20 districts called Arrondissements, and these numbers also form the postal codes for the city. You will see them on addresses, and they’re reasonably well marked on your Paris map.
Understanding the layout of the city will help you find your way around more easily and make your walks and travels on your Paris vacations in and around the city more enjoyable. For more travel tips see Paris Airports and Paris Travel.
This Paris Map is Numbered to Indicate the Arrondissements (Districts)
You may also notice that many Paris locations are described as being either on the Rive Gauche (Left Bank) or the Rive Droite (Right Bank). This refers to the areas on each side of the Seine River.
The left bank is south of the Seine River (bottom half of the Paris map), and the right bank is north of the river (top half).
I have arranged this travel guide by featuring the Paris arrondissements and have listed the most famous and popular places to visit in each district for your Paris vacations. Find and book Paris tours and activities on Viator.com. Book ahead to save time and money!
20 Districts for Your Paris Vacations
Click on each Arrondissement (District) to discover the best places to visit in Paris. Note the postal codes begin with 75001 and refer to the Paris Map above for the locations:
- 1er Top Paris Attractions – visit the Louvre Tuileries Gardens – 75001
- 2éme Paris Attraction – see the Paris Stock Exchange – 75002
- 3éme Paris Tourist Attractions – discover Temple Republic – 75003
- 4éme Tourist Attractions in Paris – modern art at Centre Pompidou – 75004
- 5éme Paris Tourist Information – visit the Pantheon Notre Dame – 75005
- 6éme Places to Visit in Paris – Saint Germain Luxembourg gardens- 75006
- 7éme Paris France Vacation – enjoy Eiffel Tower Musee d’Orsay – 75007
- 8éme Things to Do in Paris – stroll, dine shop on Champs Élysées – 75008
- 9éme Travel Ideas in Paris – Opera Garnier and Galaries Lafayette – 75009
- 10éme Paris Sightseeing – cruise or stroll the Canal Saint Martin – 75010
- 11éme Paris Travel – stroll charming streets of Bastille Republique- 75011
- 12éme Paris Guide – dine, dance, shop and stroll at Bercy Village – 75012
- 13éme Visit Paris – see Place d’Italia or Gobelins Tapestry shop – 75013
- 14éme Paris City Attractions – Catacombs and Tour Montparnasse – 75014
- 15éme Paris Information – museums, parks Porte de Versailles – 75015
- 16éme Things to See in Paris – Trocadero and stroll the Seine – 75016
- 17éme Paris History – old walls, squares, and Palais de Congress – 75017
- 18éme Time in Paris – visit Montmartre and Sacré Coeur – 75018
- 19éme Paris Vacation Ideas – exhibition, science center at La Villette- 75019
- 20éme Paris Holiday Ideas – see the famous Pere Lachaise Cemetery – 75020
Paris is imbued with history, culture, fashion, well-tended gardens, and cafes perfect for people watching on your Paris vacations. The city boasts more than 80 museums and at least 200 art galleries.
See the list provided on this page below for more information on the Top Picks of Paris France.
On their first Paris vacations, new visitors are eager to visit the all the best know sights such as the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Notre Dame, the Pompidou Centre, the Arc de Triomphe, the Champs-Elysées and Montmartre but some of the most memorable sights can be found off the well-worn tourist path such as the historical Paris Catacombs.
Finding the Best Hotels in Paris
If you are having a challenge deciding on where to stay, see my Top 7 Districts for Hotels in Paris France.
There are so many extraordinary places in Paris and by exploring the city you will discover what you love the most.
Experience Your Own Pied-à-Terre With an Apartment
Adrian Leeds’ luxurious Parler Paris Apartments and Parler Nice Apartments
Want to have a Home Away from Home?
Adrian Leeds® is a property professional and author of the twice-weekly Parler Paris Nouvellettre®, French Property Insider e-zine and Adrian Leeds’ Top 100 Cheap Insider Paris Restaurants.
You can trust Adrian and her team to provide only the highest quality accommodations to make your stay in the City of Light or on the Côte d’Azur as enjoyable and memorable as possible.
Romantic Restaurants, Charming Bistros and Mouth-Watering Bakeries
Apart from its sheer physical beauty, the choice of restaurants and bistros in Paris, cultural events, shops and boutiques, and entertainment, there are so many unique Paris attractions, that any trip to the city of light is guaranteed to be an exhilarating and stimulating experience.
Tour d’Argent – One of Paris’ Famous and Oldest Restaurant
Wander around anywhere in Paris and if you need to grab a bite to eat,you will easily find wonderful boulangeries, grocery stores, romantic restaurants and charming bistrots.
Enjoying a Meal at a Fantastic Paris Restaurant
There is an incredible variety of culinary delights you can experience on your Paris vacations. Select fresh bread, pastries, fruits and vegetables, gourmet cheeses, meats and wine at the open-air markets, or enjoy a mouth-watering crepe freshly prepared in front of you at a crepe stand.
Delectable, delicious pastries are artistically showcased in grand window displays of Parisian bakeries.
A Boulangerie Patisserie with Mouth-Watering Bread Pastries
The Paris Pass on Your Paris Vacations
Planning to visit numerous exhibits and riding the Hop-on Hop-off Double Decker bus tours, the Seine River cruise, and getting around on the Paris Metro? The Paris Pass offers great savings and can be purchased for a flat fee.
The City of Light is full of great views – and many of them are free! Take a walk along the River Seine. The views are spectacular.
As you walk along make sure to look down the walkways bordering the water and you will see lovers kissing beneath the trees, fishermen patiently holding a fishing line in the water, students deeply engrossed in their books, joggers jogging and families strolling with their children.
Great Views to Explore During Your Paris Vacations are:
- At the top of the Eiffel Tower
- On the steps and terraces of Sacre-Coeur Basilica and Montmartre
- The Georges Restaurant on the roof of Beaubourg Centre Georges Pompidou) modern art gallery
- The roof of the Institute of the Arab World
- From the North Tower of Notre Dame
- On the rooftop bar of Galeries Lafayette or Printemps department stores
- What many don’t know is that visitors can go to the top of Paris’ tallest skyscraper, Tour Montparnasse, and see the highest views overlooking all of Paris.
A Great View of the Paris Opera from the Rooftop of Galeries Lafayette
Top Picks of Paris France Attractions
- Arc de Triomphe
- Avenue des Champs-Élysées
- Centre Georges Pompidou
- Eiffel Tower
- Galaries Lafayette Department Store and Rooftop Terrace Restaurant
- Louvre Museum & The Gardens of the Louvre Jardin des Tuileries
- Musée d’Orsay
- Notre Dame
- Opéra Garnier – Paris Opera House (also known as Palais Garnier)
- Paris Theatre district and shopping near Place du Chatelet
- Place Vendome and nearby Place de la Concorde
- Seine River Getaways and Cruises
- Pont de l’Alma (Princess Diana’s memorial)
For district specific Top Picks of Paris France visit the list of arrondissements provided above.
Seine River Cruise – A Must Do of Paris Vacations
The Seine River cruise is one of the most popular of Paris attractions which gives you an opportunity to see magnificent architecture, romantic walkways and breath-taking city views.
A Cruise on the Seine River is Another Way to Discover Paris
You have a choice of simply daytime sightseeing excursions or Cruise Dinner at the Eiffel Tower.
In addition to the Seine River cruise, you can also explore the Paris locks in the Saint Martin Canal. If you don’t have time for a cruise on St. Martin Canal, this is a great district for a leisure walk or a picnic.
Take a Cruise on St. Martin Canal or Enjoy a Scenic Stroll
Paris Architecture – One of the Best Paris Attractions
For lovers of architecture, check out my page of Paris architecture to see a small but interesting collection of unique architectural photos from my visits to Paris.
See the Louvre Museum from the Seine River on your Paris Vacations
Enjoy a photo on this page? Hover over the pic and Pin It!
If you like this page – please click the Like button above.
Back to Top