Summer Vacation Ideas in Beautiful Ireland
Looking for summer vacation ideas but the weather of many destinations is too hot for your comfort?
For a perfect summer vacation with comfortable weather, visit Ireland, as the lush beauty of this island is the product of unpredictable and moist climate, and the weather may be cooler during other seasons.
July and August are the peak seasons for warm weather and tourist attractions.
June and September are also comfortable, but many tourist sites have reduced opening hours during the low seasons. Make sure to research the visitng hours of the sites you plan to visit.
Travel to Ireland and visit Belfast Castle
Known as a lush green island, Ireland offers great summer vacation ideas including magnificent ancient castles, thatched cottages, music, pubs, poetry and fantastic golfing.
The Wild Flowers of the Antrim Coast are Gorgeous
Its people have such a great sense of humour and make Ireland a most welcoming place to visit.
Nature and Landscape in Ireland
The landscape of Ireland is a contrast between Bogs and lakes in the lowlands to mountains, cliffs and rocky islands.
Visit the Impressive Dunluce Castle on the Antrim Coast
There is an abundance of lush, green pastureland and sheep dot the countryside.
Ireland Golf Vacations
In your summer vacation ideas, include a visit to one of the many world famous golf resorts in Ireland.
Ireland golf vacations are a perfect setting for relaxation and stress relief. Many travelers dream about golf vacations in Ireland as they know that Ireland has some of the best golf courses in the world, whether they be links or parkland courses.
Ireland is blessed with beautiful landscape and magnificent scenic views, and golf vacations in Ireland are a definite must. You wil have a wonderful time, whether you are a beginner or a seasoned golfer.
- Part 1 – Ireland Golf Vacations in Northern Ireland, the West and North West regions, the Midlands, Dublin, North East and South East regions of Ireland.
- Part 2 – Ireland Vacations and Golf Adventures in the South and South West regions of Ireland.
Plan Luxurious Ireland Golf Vacations – Ashford Castle
The lush greens and stunning views will complete your adventures in Ireland.
The Regions of Ireland
- West and Northwest Ireland and Lakelands– includes the beautiful Aran Islands, Ashford Castle and Ireland golf vacations; on your vacation in Ireland see Galway, find deserted golden beaches, and towering cliffs on the rugged coast of Donegal
- Shannon Region – visited often for its awe-inspiring Cliffs of Moher, majestic castles and Burren National Park, and the lovely city of Shannon
- South and Southwest Ireland – a beautiful coast with the scenic Blarney Castle and Ring of Kerry, and cities of Cork, Blarney and Mallow, and southern Ireland is well known for its famous Waterford crystal, the cities of Waterford, Kilkenny and Limerick, and of course golf vacations in Ireland
- Northern Ireland – in your great family vacation ideas visit the Antrim Coast, Giant’s Causeway and Carrick-a-rede Rope Bridge, and your trips to Ireland should include Belfast
- Midlands, Dublin, North East Coast and South East regions – travel Dublin, visit Kildare, Louth, Meath and Wicklow
Shop on Splendid Grafton Street in Dublin
View of Grafton Street in Dublin
Temple Bar Square in Dublin
Summer Vacation Ideas – Travel to Ireland
Travel to Ireland by Air
Ireland is well served by flights from countries around the world to its international airports:
- Belfast International Airport (BFS)
- Cork Airport (ORK)
- Dublin Airport (DUB), the 8th largest airport in Europe
- Ireland West, Knock Airport (NOC) in County Mayo
- Shannon Airport (SNN) in County Clare
Smaller regional airports include:
- Belfast City Airport (BHD)
- Derry Airport (LDY)
- Donegal Airport (CFN)
- Galway Airport (GWY)
- Kerry Airport (KIR)
- Sligo Airport (SXL)
- Waterford Airport (WAT)
Shop and Stroll on the Cobblestone Streets of Galway
Explore Antiquity along Galway Bay
Travel to Ireland by Sea
Taking the ferry from Great Britain and France is a popular way of getting to Ireland.
Stunning View of Galway Bay
This works well for groups or for families who are touring Ireland by car, and crossing the Irish Sea is faster now than ever before with advanced high-speed ferries.
Ireland Tours by Car
One of the best ways to discover the beauty of Ireland is by car. This gives you the freedom to explore the magnificent scenery, winding roads and ancient sites.
Visit the Imposing Carrickfergus Castle North of Belfast
Be aware that many of the country roads are extremely winding and narrow and your attention to driving is important. At times, you may get stuck behind a slow moving tractor or a herd of cows so be patient.
For the sports car buff, driving on these roads is exhilarating.
Ireland Tours by Train
Trains in Ireland may be quite expensive, but they are reliable and comfortable. The trains are a great way to do Ireland tours.
View of Beautiful Belfast
The train services are provided by:
There are numerous day trips that can be booked in advance for your Ireland tours.
Visit Ireland by Bus
Long distance buses with Ireland’s national bus company, Bus Eireann, can be up to half the price of the equivalent train trip, especially if you are making a return trip on the same day.
Make sure to ask for a day-return ticket, which is much cheaper than the normal round-trip fare.
Take Time to Walk Around the Magical Giant’s Causeway in Northern Ireland
While there are many day trips and Ireland tours to discover, the bus services are not always the best of way of exploring specific areas in greater detail and renting a car may be a better option.
On the other hand, I recently enjoyed a combination rail and bus excursion in my Ireland tours, from Dublin to Belfast, along the Antrim Coast and up the Giant’s Causeway in Northern Ireland.
Getting Blown Away on the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge
Include group excursions around Ireland in your summer vacation ideas. My trips were terrific, the views fantastic, and the tour guides were excellent.
I would definitely recommend considering trains and buses in your Ireland tours and summer vacation ideas, especially if you are back-packing and looking for an Irish adventure without renting a car.
Visit Cushendall a Charming Village in the Glens of Antrim
Follow Me on Pinterest
Enjoy a photo on this page? Hover over the pic and Pin It!
If you like this page – please click the Like button above.
Back to Top