Planning a Trip and Feeling Overwhelmed?
A travel checklist is a useful tool that will help you keep your planning well organized and reduce stress, especially if you intend to visit more than one location.
If you have a list of where you want to go and sights you want to see, you are more likely to get it done.
Knowing when you are arriving and when you are leaving for the next destination will help you be at ease and get the most of your vacation.
Here are some more vacation checklist and planning tips.
Having an international travel checklist allows you to easily see the big picture of your travel plans at a glance.
If you are planning for a group of friends, give every traveler a copy so they can be well organized for the trip as well.
Review your itinerary every evening during your trip so that you know what to plan for the next morning and the next few days.
Here’s How to Plan a Trip with Your Vacation Checklist
The best way to plan your trip is to start early and don’t leave any of the details for the last minute.
Some venues require reservations months in advance, such as famous restaurants and cafes, and rather than missing out on the opportunity of dining in a place you’ve dreamed about for years, make your reservation early.
Start planning your trip six months in advance. This will give you time to plan, book and make changes to your vacation checklist if necessary without feeling stressed.
If you are planning to visit more than one location, think about the places you would like to see well in advance, the accommodations you need, and then do your research.
Use Online Maps for Help in Deciding Your Destinations
A Travel Checklist and World Travel Guide will Keep Your Planning Simple
- Decide on the cities, towns, mountains, beaches, or wherever you dream of visiting.
- Study online maps as this will help in deciding where to start your trip and how to map out the route of your selected destinations. Then start your travel checklist.
- Determine how many nights you will be staying in each location.
- Do your research on the hotels you are interested in and their costs.
- Investigate your travel options (plane, train, boat, bus, and taxi or auto rentals) and their costs.
- Go out and buy city maps to take along on your trip as they will be very useful.
- If you are unable to find some maps before you leave on your trip, either print out the online maps, or be sure to make it a priority to buy the maps when you arrive to your destinations.
Create your own world travel guide by making a list of the following:
- Locations, dates, method of transportation and their costs.
- Add in your daily food budget including purchases at grocery stores or eating out at restaurants.
- Shopping and entertainment ideas.
- And any great day tours you have planned.
This will help you determine how to plan within your budget and what to enter into your international travel checklist.
What to Wear & Selecting the Best Luggage
|Click above to buy BEST luggage accessories!|
Much of the stress of packing has to do with what clothing to take and what to leave behind.
Will the weather be hot or will it be cold.
During some seasons you will have to take enough clothes to be prepared for warm days and cool evenings.
Selecting your luggage can be equally challenging.
The lighter your luggage, the more you can pack without exceeding the baggage weight limits.
For more ideas on travel clothes and best travel luggage see the following articles:
This photo features cruise ships in the Port of Naples, Italy.
When planning your vacation checklist, consider several options as in the sample indicated below:
From Naples you can take day trips by hydrofoil boats to Sorrento, Positano, Amalfi and the Island of Capri.
Or, hire a tour guide service to drive along the magnificent coast and stop in the dreamy towns hugging the cliffs. When creating a vacation checklist, list several options and then decide which ones will be at the top of your list.
Details to Consider in Your Vacation Checklist and Using Online Maps
Where do I want my locations to be?
Near the airports, train stations, bus stations, and specific landmarks or point of interests, or within walking distance of many landmarks, etc.?
How will I get to my locations?
By air, train, boat, bus, taxi or auto rentals?
- Consider an airport shuttle, especially if arriving late at night to a new destination.
- Whenever possible it is easier to travel by train, bus or public transportation and use auto rentals if your plans are to travel “off the beaten path”.
- In many cities, public transportation is a lot of fun if you take the time to study their online maps in advance before you get there.
From Left to Right – Charing Cross Rail Station in London, the Paris Metro (center) and the Tramway in Nice, France on the French Riviera
Travel by train can be very exciting too and some will take you to places beyond your dreams. Visiting islands or coastal towns? You may either take a ferry or a hydrofoil to reach their locations – and getting to these locations can be so exhilarating!
Which location should be at the beginning of my trip and what is the most practical route to take for each subsequent destination?
Investigate your transportation options, compare the costs and journal your decisions into your travel checklist.
You are now ready to prepare for your flights and book your hotels.
Enjoy a photo on this page? Hover over the pic and Pin It!
If you like this page – please click the Like button above.
Back to Top